Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Restaurant review: The Perch

I went to the Perch this weekend for breakfast for the first time. I've heard about this place through some fellow vegans in the Community (The Vegan Project) and FINALLY decided to venture on out there and try it. I did like my tofu scramble. Its still not the best one I've ever had BUT it was pretty good. 

Vegan Tofu Scramble
It had onions, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, potato, tofu (duh) and daiya cheese. I subbed the mushrooms for jalapeno because I just wasn't in the mood for mushrooms and wanted a kick. Well did they ever add a lot of jalapenos! It was AWESOME. So spicy! LOVES. The flavouring though was a tad lacking, but the daiya and jalapeno added a lot, plus the Franks Red Hot helped out too. This is a common problem with tofu scrambles. My fave is still MoLe in Victoria and The Templeton on Granville Street (both Huervos Rancheros).

It was slightly dingy in there, but the place is under an artists loft. It def has a lot of "character". I'd go again, but I'm not running back there. There's still a couple other spots to try before I make the rounds back.

Eat, Drink & Perch at the ARC Cafe on Urbanspoon


Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment