Friday, May 4, 2012

Product Review: Sunwarrior


A few weeks back I was lucky enough to receive this awesome little package of goodies from Sunwarrior. I've heard a lot about Sunwarrior from various vegans I communicate with and it gets nothing but awesome reviews. People LOVE it. So when they sent me this sample pack, I was VERY excited!

A little bit about Sunwarrior products: they use a cold-extrusion process that is free from solvents, GMOs, radiation, artificial colours, preservatives, flavours, herbicides and pesticides. They contain no animal products, dairy, egg, gluten, soy or added sugar, wheat or yeast. BOOM!

The warrior blend is also green, plastic-free and hypo-allergenic. I agree with them when they say that its for any lifestyle not just for vegans. Its for anyone who wants a clean product. It tastes amazing. Check out their website for more information. I got all this from the pamphlets they sent me.

They sent me the warrior blend and the protein. The difference between them is that the warrior blend has protein from 3 different sources such as pea protein, cranberry protein and hemp protein. Where the protein powder just comes from whole brown rice. Both were awesome. I got vanilla, chocolate and natural.

I will start with the protein powder. I tried Vanilla and mixed it with water. Its how I do my other one and wanted to compare how it would taste in water, how it dissolved and if the measurements for liquid were correct. Passed with flying colours! I was actually shocked at how good it was and how I didn't need extra water. It was smooth tasting and not too sweet, delish in fact. :)

All the rest of them I made into smoothies. I've never had chocolate protein powder before and had no inclination to try but here we are. My recipe was 1 package of warrior blend chocolate protein powder (21g), 1 banana, 2 tsp peanut butter, 1 tsp flax seeds, 1 tsp hemp seeds, and almond milk. OMG. This was SERIOUSLY amazing. Like woah! I was sad when it was done. LOL



All in all, I think sunwarrior is a FANTASTIC product and would love to add it to my routine. I would not switch from Vega to Sunwarrior.. I would have Vega in the morning and Sunwarrior after a workout.  I felt amazing on it, but I like that the Vega One has other nutrients I need in my day, not just protein. But I was very impressed by Sunwarriors smooth taste. Not chalky at all. Mmmm, I am pretty much out of my Vega too, I should go pick up both of these this weekend. I'm gonna need it for all my training! Spartan race is next Saturday!

Peace

xoxo

K

3 comments:

  1. How did you get the free samples? I love vegaOne, but sun warrior is so much more cost effective that I wanted to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I mentioned them on twitter and they contacted me!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! i am very impressed with your lovely post.. i am so glad to left comment so interesting read, would love to read more here.... sunwarrior warrior blend

    ReplyDelete