Monday, January 16, 2012

Thai Coconut Lentil Soup

Double header today!

I have been dwindling down my collection of soups and chili's in my freezer so its time to replenish. No frills has a sale on 2lb bag of carrots for $1. Yah that's right, you read that correctly, $1!!! I bought 2 so far. I'll be back though. lol 

I decided a nice, warming, carrot soup would be good. So I tossed all the ingredients into the crockpot and set off to enjoy my Sunday. 

Thai Coconut Lentil Soup
Ingredients
2lbs carrots
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves
3 roma tomatoes
2 lemongrass stalks
1 can low fat coconut milk
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tsp Vegeta (dry veggie stock)
1 tsp powdered ginger
2 dried chili's
pepper
2 cups red split lentils
8 cups water

Directions
Put all ingredients into a slow cooker except for the coconut milk and cook for 8 hours. Once cooked, remove the lemongrass stalks and the chili peppers. Add the coconut milk at the end. Use a hand blender or regular blender to process until smooth. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.

Its what I do

YUM

This soup is nice and thick. Super tasty. The spice level isn't bad at all. Personally, I would have liked it to be spicier. But I was lazy. Lol Plus I know I'll be adding sriracha to it later.

I made a very similar one to this before, you can check it out here. Both are awesome. I should have put some green garnish on there for the photo's sake but I was hungry. I also roasted up a squash and a cauliflower for me to nosh on.

Acorn squash

Roasted cauliflower

I did not use oil. For the squash I just scraped it out and baked it upside down so that the steam would cook it nice and softly. Then I sprinkled sea salt, cinnamon and garlic powder on it.

The cauliflower is mixed with a lemon, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and sea salt. YUMMY. Good snacks. 

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment