Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Product Review: Amy's California Burger

I was feeling rather lazy last night and just wasn't in the mood to cook. I haven't been cooking much over the holidays for myself as I've had to cook 3 Christmas dinners. They are a lot of work. Nothing I can't handle but its a little stressful cooking for so many people and Christmas dinner is kinda high maintenance. It requires a crazy dose of multi-tasking and timing. You have to time everything precisely so that your sides aren't cold when your tofurkey (or turkey) is done. 

But don't fret my friends, I'll be back on the cooking bandwagon...tomorrow. Tonight I'm being cooked for. Yah!

On my way home, as I was pretty much drowning in the monsoon-like weather, I stopped by Choices to pick up something quick and easy to make. I decided to have a burger and fries. I chose Amy's California Burger because it was vegan (duh) and had the fewest ingredients....that were also all recognizable. 

I just pan fried mine, in a smidge of pam. Then I served it with a side of oven roasted fries. Can't remember the brand but they were on sale. Lol and were rosemary, olive oil and garlic, so I was sold. Mmmmm garlic. So good for you! and SO tasty.


I didn't eat it with a hamburger bun, I just topped it with some whole grain mustard and gobbled it up. I normally like to have ketchup too but I am out. I forgot that I'm trying not to use it. Damn. 

Now that its January, its time to put all the holiday parties and glutinous behaviour behind us and get back to health. I was pretty good about it. I only had about 1.5 weeks of it. I worked out all the way up until the week of my surgery and only took 3 days off after it. Since then I've been working out and eating back to normal with the exception to New Years Day and last night. Now there are no excuses.

This morning I made a green smoothie. My usual. 1 whole banana, 1 whole carrot (chopped into quarters), 1 whole lemon, juiced, 1 handful spinach, 2 tsp hemp seeds and water. I blend it on the highest speed so that everything is pulverized like mad and put lots of water so that I don't need to eat my smoothie. I neglected to take a pic as I was quite groggy this morning. Tossed and turned all night. Boo :(

3 Bean Veggie Chili

For lunch today I had a small bowl of 3 bean veggie chili. I had nothing to take for lunch, so I open up my freezer and there is a plethora of soups and chili's for my choosing. Of course I topped it with hot sauce. No meal is complete without it.

I'm going to this workshop on February 9th called The Skinny on Carbs and Fats at Organic Lives. You should too! Its free and only an hour and a half. You can register here. But don't wait, it fills up fast. I missed the other one I wanted to take. :(

Have a good first day back at work!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment