Friday, September 30, 2011

Spicy Peanut Coconut Udon Soup

It was Kevin and I's weekly dinner and TV night. We're watching X Factor, the US version with a MAJAH prize of 5 mill. WOW. It was the last of the auditions, thank god, and the boot camp commences next week! Finally more of the real stuff versus the freaks. The UK version apparently doesn't display the freaks as much and focuses on the good contestants. Americans love gawking at people who like to make a fool outta themselves. I honestly dislike the audition part so much. I can't understand why someone would audition for a show when they so obviously suck. Do they really think they're good? Don't their friends/family tell them? I'd hope that my friends/family would be honest with me if I sucked that bad at singing (which I totally do! except when I'm in the shower, I'm like Mariah up in there).

Onto the good stuff:

Spicy Peanut Coconut Udon Soup

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil
½ red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic
2 carrot, sliced
6 shitake mushrooms, chopped
3 baby boy choy, chopped
Handful snow peas
4 red Thai chillies
6 cups veggie stock
6 tsp soy sauce
2 inch piece of ginger
1 package fried tofu (atsuage)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 small can low fat coconut milk (160ml)
2 pkgs udon noodles
Sriracha

Directions:
1.     Put the garlic, ginger and Thai chillies into a food processor and process until minced. I find this faster and easier, especially when dealing with hot chili peppers.
2.     Heat the oils on medium heat. Saute the onion, garlic, and carrot until tender. Add the garlic, ginger, red Thai chilies, mushrooms, snow peas, bok choy and tofu and saute just until soft. Add the stock or water, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring the soup to a boil and then drop the heat to a simmer.
3.     Add the peanut butter and m ix until it is completely blended. Stir
4.     Add the coconut milk and noodles. Simmer the soup for fifteen minutes and season with Sriracha to taste.
5.     Then, eat the ish outta it!
Mmmmm it smelled so good at this point.
Omg, I just wanna dive right in. LOL
A meal fit for a couple of queens.
DELISH!!

I really love spicy food. This soup was not too spicy. For me anyways. So I added extra sriracha. I actually only added a small amount to the soup because those Thai chilies are packing heat! And depends on who I'm cooking for. Kevin loves the spicy food too, so it worked out great.

I try to make my dishes to please the palates of my guest. I can always add Sriracha after to make mine spicy. But because I'm so used to eating this way, sometimes I don't notice the heat at all and its hot for them. Woops.

My Jams: I'm still stuck on the new J. Cole album called Cole World. Get some! Its seriously good. He's gonna blow up. You'll thank me.

Have a good weekend folks! Make some good food and share some recipes with me! Sharing IS caring. LOL

Vegan MoFo starts tomorrow! Woot woot! So I'll be blogging the ish outta it. I will needs peeps to cook for so holla!


Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment