Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Long weekends are awesome!

Long weekend sum up:

- Victoria to see Dave and Natasha
- Friends bday, drinks at Mint
- Poolside at Bear Mountain Resort
- Discovered Coconut Bliss ice cream!
- FINALLY cleaned my apt
- Beach
- FOOD

Yummers, right? The portobello is done the way I always do them. Minced garlic, sea salt, olive oil and pepper. The veggies are just roasted with no oil or seasonings. And delish corn with Earth Balance . Earth Balance is like margarine but without trans fats, whey powder and the one I like the best is the soy free version. It tastes just like margarine or butter and can be used in the same way.

There are quite a few items that a vegan/vegetarian can get at dim sum. I gotta say, I've missed dim sum. A LOT. I love resto's that are tapa's style cuz then you get to try lots! I always wanna have everything. I'm greedy like that.

Pan fried bean curd with Enoki mushrooms
Bean curd wraps with veggies and mushrooms
 We also had the staple greens: steamed gai lan. MY FAVE. Yummmm! But that came first and we were starved. So no pic. It was green and gorgeous!

Natasha made me this wonderful dinner before I hopped on the ferry home. Five spice baked tofu, brown rice, roasted veggies and peanut miso kale salad. Let me tell you. This kale salad is heaven in ur mouth. Lol.  I didn't make this recipe up but I sure am gonna eat it.....well....daily.

Natasha's Kale Salad:

(adjust this recipe depending on how much you want to make)

- 3 kale, stalks removed
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup miso dressing

Now, this is just a guess on the recipe. You just want to sauce it up good. But you don't want it to be a soup. Plus, miso dressing is amazeballs so you don't want to waste it.

1. Steam kale leaves for 3-4 minutes
2. Add peanut butter and stir until melted and coats the kale
3. Remove from heat, put in bowl and cool in fridge
4. Once cooled, stir in miso dressing and serve!

When I made it last night I put sesame seeds in as well. Delish! In case you're wondering, Natasha is alive. She did not die from being hung over but it sure was touch and go. Lol poor girl.

This is what my kitchen looks like on sundays (in this case monday). I love to do a big grocery shop and cook/chop lots of food for the week. Make some whole grains, salads, chop fruit, roast veggies, make soup or whatevs I'm craving. Cauliflower was $1.00 at No Frills! 1 dollar! Crazy.

In this pic we got roasted veggies, Japanese spiced baked tofu, big salad and chinese bean curd salad.

Roasted veggies:
1 lemon
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped
2-3 tbsp olive oil
No salt add veggie seasoning (costco)
garlic powder
sea salt and pepper

Coat the veggies in lemon, oil and seasonings. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

You should probably try all of these things. Especially the Coconut Bliss - Vanilla Island ice cream. Its vegan but don't let that scare you. Its amazing. I'm trying my hardest not to eat the entire container in one sitting. Its also kinda expensive. But SO worth it. I can't stress this enough.

All of these items are pretty amazing except for the falafel chips. They were good don't get me wrong but not in the same amazingness category as the Smoked salsa, Endangered Species chocolate bar and the Coconut Bliss.

My jams: Keith Sweat - Twisted, In for the Kill - La Roux, In the Dark - Dev, Britney Spears - Selfish

Have a happy Tuesday! Yah for short weeks!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment