I LOVE to watch movies so I was down. And we both love the horror genre so why not. We watched Don't be afraid of the dark and Final Destination 5. Both good. I gasped and jumped at all the right spots. Lol
One thing I'll say about Don't be afraid of the dark,which I swear is a twisted take on the tooth fairy, is that Katie Holmes just is not sexy. I don't know if that whole Tom Cruise not letting her dress sexy is true but she just doesn't. I dont' even think we saw her arm in the movie. lol
Anyways, I thought I'd share a recipe that I made in August:
Leeky Quinoa with Mushrooms, Kale and Sundried Tomatoes1 c uncooked quinoa
2-3 Dried Sundried tomatoes
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 onion, diced into small pieces
2 c water
1 leek, washed and sliced thinly on a diagonal
150g brown mushrooms, washed and sliced thinly
1 c kale , stalks removed
1 tbsp chili flakes
1. Soak sundried tomatoes in water for 30 minutes, then cut into small pieces
cook quinoa according to the package2. Sauté garlic and onion until fragrant and lightly browned in the olive oil
3. Add the leeks, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes to the garlic/onion pan and stir fry the leeks and mushrooms until tender and cooked through.
4. Once done, add in the quinoa, toss through, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. While still warm, pop in the spinach and stir to until cooked
Fiery Chili lime sauce Tofu Steaks
1 block of tofu1/4 cup sriracha sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp agave nectar
10 mint leaves
1. Cut tofu into steaks or triangles, whichever you prefer and bake for 20 minutes.
If grilling, the tofu will only need about 10 minutes2. Combine all other ingredients in food processor and pulse until finely chopped
3. Serve over gorgeously grilled/baked tofu
Seriously delish meal right there. FULL of protein, omega 3 and 6, iron, calcium, and tons of micro and phyto nutrients. It was my first time cooking with leeks and I liked it!
A friend at work brought me more fresh figs from her tree. So I'm going to make more of my Fig-a-licious dip. I'm also gonna make one without nuts as another friend at work said her bf is allergic. I have an idea of what I'm going to do. So stay tuned!!
My jams: Lupe Fiasco - Out of my head, Kid Cudi - REVOFEV, T.G.I.F, Jay Z and Kanye - That's my Bitch, Who Gon Stop me