Thursday, September 8, 2011

What the Fig??

My work has gone fig crazy! They loved my fig-a-licious dip and have devoured it every time I've made it; which is twice. I got a big bag of fresh figs again from a coworker and asked to come up with a fig dip for someone who can't eat nuts. So I did. Plus I made one with nuts.

What the Fig dip

- 4 fresh figs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt

1. Roast figs and garlic for 30 minutes. Wrap garlic in tin foil. Figs do not need to be wrapped.
2. Caramelize the red onion by frying it in a pan with enough olive to coat the onions and a bit extra for about 15 minutes or until brown
3. Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth

YUM!!!

I also had a hankering for pasta.

Creamy Potato Spaghettini

- 1 red potato, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 5 shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 kale stalks, leaves removed
 1 tsp dry veggie stock
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp seat salt
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 4 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cornstarch, mixed with cold water
pepper

1. Boil potato and carrots until soft
2. Drain and put aside
3. Use a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the garlic and the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the cornstarch. Add 1/2 cup water and cool for 10 minutes.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and cook until it thickens.
6. Serve on top of whole grain spaghettini noodles and enjoy!

This was some goooood pasta. Very satisfying indeed.

I finally opened one of the new bottles of wine I got from a friend as a gift. Its from Napa Valley. Its from Duckhorn Vineyards in Napa Valley and is a Cabernet Sauvignon from 2007. It is DELISH.

Anyways, I'm off to bed.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment