When we left, we ran into them AGAIN! They invited us out for drinks. OMG Drinks! With Jeff and Jordan! Dreams came true that night. Unfort not the dirty kind. Ha.
Ok enough about my crush on Jeff. Onto the good stuff. Food.
I made my Thai stuffed portobello mushrooms. YUM!
Thai Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
2 cups uncooked brown rice (or any other whole grain)
2 cloves of garlic
1 inch of galangal (can use ginger if you can’t find galangal)
2 Thai red chili peppers
¼ chopped onion
3 leaves of kale
1 diced red pepper
Half can of reduced fat coconut milk
¼ – ½ cup vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook rice or grains according to package.
- Clean out the inside of the mushroom and take out the stem.
- Put carrots into food processor and pulse until finely chopped, put aside in a mixing bowl. Perform the same process for the kale, Thai red chili peppers, garlic and galangal (my food processor is too small to do them all at once).
- Dice onions and toss in frying pan with oil. After 2 minutes or when the onions are a little translucent, add the carrots, kale, Thai red chili peppers, garlic, and vegetable stock. Cook on low/medium heat for 3 minutes and add the diced red pepper and the half can of coconut milk. Mix with the brown rice and stuff your mushrooms!
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
-Sprinkle chopped nuts, daiya or seeds on top during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
-If you like more heat add some hot sauce or chili flakes to the mixture
-Would also be good in a red pepper
The Vegan Project . The site is done by a great group of gals who have some tasty recipes and tips. Check them out!
I had promised the girls at The Vegan Project that I would do a review of Wild Rice for them............like a year ago. Busy busy I guess. No excuses. And I will stick to my word. I'm going there tonight, camera in hand. I love that place! If you haven't gone, you should go. They are a modern Chinese restaurant that has meat and veg options. They actually have quite a number of vegan options and are quite accommodating. Its DELISH. Get some!
Totally blows that its raining. I am not ready to use an umbrella or wear nylons/tights. Not cool.