Thursday, September 22, 2011

I love surprises!

I had dinner at Kevin's while we watched the premiere of the American X Factor. I'm not a huge fan of singing shows, but I've been told that this one is different. And it is. It was enjoyable. Its only auditions right now, so that can be a little trying. I'm not into watching freaks embarrass themselves on stage just to get on TV. I could care less.

BUT that being said there were some pretty amazing people on the show. This 13 year old girl sand Mercy by Duffy that was awesome! And a recovering addict rhymed his own song. It was pretty damn good. Only thing is he needs to get clothes that fit. Over sized clothes and chains....we off that. Jay Z said that years ago, apparently he didn't get the memo. Lol PS the prize is 5 Million dollars!!! WTF if I'd known, I would've tried out!
I really wish they had kept Cheryl Cole. She's so pretty. Love her. But Nicole was good too.

Last week I was telling Kevin about this food I wanted to make that I had seen on Eat St. It is called Bunny Chow and its an African dish where the inside of a loaf is hollowed out and curry is put inside. The food truck on the show had got small buns and did that instead of a loaf. I think that would be amazing. I loved chili in a bread bowl from Tim Horton's JUST for the fact that I could say "And then I ate the bowl!!!" after. And guess what my little bestie did for me??? HE MADE THEM FOR ME!!!

So thoughtful right? And so Delish! He made a Thai veggie curry with tofu. Kev makes some good stirfry. Tons of veg and with coconut milk. I love coconut milk.

If you would like to make something like this. I def suggest it. Just go out and buy a round loaf of bread. If you're making it for 2 just buy one and cut it in half. Make your curry. And put it in the bowl.

Fo Serious, how good does that look? Its colourful, its nutritious and delicious! AND THEN I ATE THE BOWL! well not the entire bowl, cuz it was HUGE. Which by the way came from Cobs. It was a whole wheat multi grain loaf. PER-FECTION.
Here's an old recipe of mine, since I don't have Kevin's. I don't think he followed a recipe though.

Thai Curry

Ingredients
  • One can coconut milk (low fat)
  • 1 cup vegetable stock
  • 4 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 4 teaspoons palm sugar or brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons Thai curry paste (green, red, or yellow)
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 sweet potato, chopped
  • 1 large carrot, chopped
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
  • ½ small can bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
  • 1 lime
  • 8 large Thai basil leaves, chopped
Directions
  • Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add curry paste once heated. Fry curry paste for 1 minute then add vegetable stock, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
  • Add onion, red pepper,, sweet potato, carrots, bamboo shoots, and green beans. Stir until vegetables are hot, 2-3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Add 1cup of water if curry seems too thick or if more liquid is needed to cook vegetables.
  • Simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
  • Add a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste; you may use the juice of an entire lime. Stir and mix well.
Its so great when someone does something nice for you. Made my day. Also, another friend helped me move my old mattress out of my place! He has big muscles so it was probably nothing for him. ;) Otherwise I would have had to do it myself! My arm muscles are tiny and weak. Lol

My jams: Rihanna ft Calvin Harris - We found love, Kelly Clarkson - What doesn't kill you, Naughty by Nature ft Joe- Perfect Party, Cheryl Lloyd ft Mike Posner - With your love

Had no idea Naughty by Nature was still recording. LOL too funny.

Till next time!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment