BUT that being said there were some pretty amazing people on the show. This 13 year old girl sand Mercy by Duffy that was awesome! And a recovering addict rhymed his own song. It was pretty damn good. Only thing is he needs to get clothes that fit. Over sized clothes and chains....we off that. Jay Z said that years ago, apparently he didn't get the memo. Lol PS the prize is 5 Million dollars!!! WTF if I'd known, I would've tried out!
Last week I was telling Kevin about this food I wanted to make that I had seen on Eat St. It is called Bunny Chow and its an African dish where the inside of a loaf is hollowed out and curry is put inside. The food truck on the show had got small buns and did that instead of a loaf. I think that would be amazing. I loved chili in a bread bowl from Tim Horton's JUST for the fact that I could say "And then I ate the bowl!!!" after. And guess what my little bestie did for me??? HE MADE THEM FOR ME!!!
So thoughtful right? And so Delish! He made a Thai veggie curry with tofu. Kev makes some good stirfry. Tons of veg and with coconut milk. I love coconut milk.
If you would like to make something like this. I def suggest it. Just go out and buy a round loaf of bread. If you're making it for 2 just buy one and cut it in half. Make your curry. And put it in the bowl.
Here's an old recipe of mine, since I don't have Kevin's. I don't think he followed a recipe though.
- One can coconut milk (low fat)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Thai curry paste (green, red, or yellow)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ small can bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 lime
- 8 large Thai basil leaves, chopped
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add curry paste once heated. Fry curry paste for 1 minute then add vegetable stock, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add onion, red pepper,, sweet potato, carrots, bamboo shoots, and green beans. Stir until vegetables are hot, 2-3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Add 1cup of water if curry seems too thick or if more liquid is needed to cook vegetables.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste; you may use the juice of an entire lime. Stir and mix well.
My jams: Rihanna ft Calvin Harris - We found love, Kelly Clarkson - What doesn't kill you, Naughty by Nature ft Joe- Perfect Party, Cheryl Lloyd ft Mike Posner - With your love
Had no idea Naughty by Nature was still recording. LOL too funny.
Till next time!