Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cauliflower Curry (Gobi Masala)

I LOVE Indian food. I am no expert at preparing it, but I think I do a pretty good job. I usually just grab recipes from online or use a book that a friend got me for my birthday a couple years back. Its not an authentic cookbook by any means. And personally I find that there are not enough spices. Not spicy spices, but not enough seasonings. So I always double that part.

Its called Easy Everyday: Indian by Das Sreedharan. Its not vegan or vegetarian so if I'm making a recipe that's not vegan I just veganize it. Which is what I did for the following recipe:

Note: You don't need to adjust the spices, I have already done so. And I added chili flakes cuz I like it hot.

Cauliflower Curry (Gobi Masala)
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
5 tsp tomato paste
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 tomatoes, quartered
1 pint almond milk
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp chili flakes

1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in wok or large pan. Add the fennel seeds and cook for 1 minute or until golden brown. Stirring constantly.
2. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes until golden.
3. Add turmeric and chili powder and stir fry for 2 minutes then stir in tomato paste. Toss until onions are coated.
4. Add cauliflower, green pepper, tomato quarters, almond milk, 8 oz water and salt. Cook on medium heat for 5-8 minute, stirring to prevent milk from splitting.
5. Add coriander powder and cook until cauliflower is soft.
6. Serve over brown rice.

The recipe actually calls for some chopped cilantro on top but I'm not a fan. But it would make it look quite pretty. This recipe makes a lot. Its even better the next day!

Its full of protein from the brown rice and the cauliflower, and is loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals. DO IT

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment