Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Restaurant Review: Organic Lives

On Saturday, Cinco de Mayo, I went for an awesome trail run with a friend in Burnaby. No idea what trail it was but it was so BEAUTIFUL. The scenery was so gorgeous, lots of foliage and such that downtown just doesn't have. I was having one of those awesome cardio days where I could just run forever. We did 11km, but I could have done that again. But unfort we didn't, but maybe next time. It was great to get out of downtown and really nice to run on a trail and not pavement like my usual runs. I can't wait to go back.

Afterwards, to recover and nourish ourselves we stopped by Organic Lives. My friend Raf had never been there before and after such a long run, some clean, good food would do our bodies good. I've never had a smoothie at Organic Lives before so I decided to try one. I ordered the Body builder which is hemp and brazil nut protein, mesquite, goji berry extract, acai, maca and banana.

Body Builder
OMG this was SO yummy!!! Really thick and creamy. Mmmm, can't wait to have it again. It also had a good punch of protein and maca for recovery. :)

Raf got the Chocolove smoothie. It had heirloom cacao, cinnamon and banana.

Chocolove
SO good! Oh yah, also, they both were made with Organic Lives freshly made almond milk! :)

I thought I would order something different, which is hard because I've pretty much tried it all. This is why I got a smoothie and salad. And since it was Cinco de Mayo I opted for the Tostada Salad.

Tostada Salad
The tostada salad had a "Delicious Mexican flavours with our sprouted Hunza walnut ground, Peruvian olives & all the fixings served on a bed of veggie crisps & romaine". It was freaking massive!!! I had to share it. lol I'm not a fan of olives at all, like I kinda hate them. But they are super good for you so I try to force myself to eat as many as possible. I did pretty good but I still left some behind.

Raf decided to have breakfast. Which I've never had at all cuz I usually go for dinner.  He ordered the cinnamon raisin toast that came with homemade almond butter and jam. Along with a bunch of fruit. I asked for what made the toast, toasty and it was carrot pulp and almonds!!! SO COOL! It actually tasted bready. Like a thicker, denser bread but it def had a flour consistency. And it was super filling.

Cinnamon Raisin Toast


So now I know that Organic Lives is good for breaky too! I can't wait to go back and try the rest of the breakfast menu. I think there's only a 4 items left on the main menu that I haven't tried yet. And the smoothies. :) I honestly love eating there so much. You always feel absolutely amazing after eating their creations. Such clean, nourishing food that doesn't bog you down. Check it out!


OrganicLives on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment