Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Raw Banana Coconut Cream Pie

OMG! I made my first RAW dessert! Raw desserts I think are my new fave. Because...wait for it..............you don't have to bake them!! lol I'm not a very skilled baker. But I'm def getting better at it. Anyways, I recently had some raw desserts from Gorilla Food, some pie in fact. SUPER yummy! I cannot wait to make one with avocado. I wanted to this time, but alas, I made guac and ate it all. lol One of my favorite ingredients to cook with is coconut. I have an addiction to it. Any recipe that says coconut milk catches my attention and owns my heart. It makes food so yummy!

So I looked around at various raw recipes to get the lay of the land. I had an idea about the crust already from eating similar desserts. And then came up with this:

PS I used all raw ingredients, but if you don't have them, roasted will do just fine.

Raw Banana Coconut Cream Pie
Ingredients

Pie Crust
1/2 cup almonds
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp grapeseed oil

Filling
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp lime juice
1 banana

Directions:
Pie Crust: Add almonds to a food processor and processor for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined and chopped very small, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Press in a pie plate or like I used a loaf pan. This recipe didn't make a lot, thank god, cuz I ate it all. lol So double it to fill a pie plate. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.

Filling: Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Use a little coconut milk/water if needed. I found that I didn't need to. If doubling the crust, double the filling, duh. ;)

Remove crust from freezer and pour the filling mixture over top. Spread lightly so it covers the crust evenly. Put back in the freezer for 2-3 hours before serving. I couldn't wait and ate it after 1 hour. It was goooooooooooood. :)


This is just one tiny piece but dayum! So yummy! I will def make this again. In an actual pie plate. Maybe I'll do that when I have company so I dont' eat it all myself......nah that's just crazy talk.

I also went to Gourmet Warehouse again and got a few goodies that I'm loving! I juice about 2 lemons or limes a day so I'm not sure why I never got a citrus juicer before. But I am digging it!




Action shot!
It makes it like crazy easy for me to juice my lemon for the morning, to add to smoothies, and to add to my cooking. :) Pick one up and make ur life easier. lol

Peace

xoxo

K


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing treat! You're really good with your food experiment huh? Nice! I'd probably do this on weekend. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find a lemon squeezer anywhere for some reason! I've been on a lemonade craze, and I've been using a fork and good ol' elbow grease to get every last drop out.

    ReplyDelete