Saturday, May 12, 2012

Green Curry with Thai Eggplant

The other night while shopping at No Frills, I saw that they had Thai eggplant. I was super excited because I've only ever had it in Thailand. I actually thought it was squash. I am not a big fan of eggplant, I usually hate it but this eggplant is delish! They are the size of a golf ball and green on the outside. :)

Normally I would make the curry paste from scratch but I had Tough Mudder training with a friend before and I didn't have a chance to go to Granville Island to gather all the ingredients, so I cut some corners and used a store bought one.

Green Curry with Thai Eggplant
Ingredients
1 sweet potato, chopped
1 package extra firm tofu, cubed
5-6 Thai eggplants, quartered
2 carrots, sliced
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch piece ginger, minced
3 red Thai chili peppers, minced
1 1/2 tbsp green curry paste
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 lime, juiced
2 tsp agave nectar
1 can low fat coconut milk
2 cups water

Directions:
Sprinkle tofu with garlic powder and broil until slightly toasted and brown on top. It will take about 5 minutes but keep an eye on it.

Saute the onions, garlic and ginger in 1/4 cup water (or some oil if you prefer) for 5 minutes. Add carrots, sweet potato and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover, cook for 8 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except for cilantro and coconut milk. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and cilantro, cook for 2 minutes and serve with brown rice!


I had Kevin and Lauren over for dinner that night. I ate mine without rice but served there's with rice. I also steamed some broccoli and tossed it with some fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of lemon-pepper seasoning. Delish complete meal!!! Also, those little red Thai chili peppers are feisty so if you don't like the heat, cut those back. They are super spicy, but me likey!

SOOOOOOO, today is race day!!! Eeek. lol just doing a little blogging before I head out there. I'm doing the Spartan Race in North Vancouver at 1pm today. I cannot wait!!! Its gonna be a muddy, cold, baddass good time! There's so many emotions going through my head right now. I've been racing for years, but never an army style obstacle race. I'm a runner. But I've been working towards this and the Spartan Race will either tell me I'm on the right track or kick my ass into high gear for Tough Mudder next month.

Wish me luck!!!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment