Friday, April 13, 2012

Restaurant Review: Foundation

My cousin Josh and I share birthday's that are very close together. His is about a week before mine. We don't celebrate together as I am 11 years older than him. This year we both had big bday's; he turned 19 and I turned 30. Its still weird for me to say that I'm 30 and that he's 19. Anyhoo, he wanted to take me out to dinner to celebrate and so we could have our first drink together. How cute!!?!!

I thought the Foundation would be perfect. It's got GREAT food, big portions, price is good, serves booze and plays really loud hip hop. Perf. It's an awesome hipster joint on Main. I can't tell you how many times I've been here. I'm pretty sure I've tried everything in the "mains" category on the menu. Except for 2 of the 3 burgers. Everything is good.

I love how they play loud hip hop music and painted the walls bright lime green and have inspirational quotes on the walls. I even like how laid back the service is. Nobody is trying to rush you out. They aren't trying to turn over as many tables as they can. Its kinda refreshing. :)

Ok, on to the good stuff.

Our first drink
We decided to share a pitcher of beer. It was India Pale Ale. It was ok. A little strong for our taste.

Hummus
One of the best in the city I think. I love how they sprinkle it with sesame seeds.

Sesame Society
SO good!!! Maple tahini dressing with multi-veg and tofu over spinach and quinoa. AMAZING!!! Saucy goodness.

First Option
YUMMY! Josh got this one. Coco-chili lime sauce with veggies and chickpeas and rice.  A little kick to it, but not much. FULL of flavour. Nothing lacking here.

Four thumbs up! I already loved the place but it was cool to bring my cousin here who also loved it. He def wants to go back again. And some other places I talked about. I love bringing non-veggie peeps to veggie restaurants. They are always so shocked at how good the food is or how full and awesome they feel. The serving size at Foundation is pretty big but with beer. OMG too much. No beer next time. I don't know why we had it. I never drink beer anymore. lol

Foundation on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment