I wanted to make Chana Masala with spinach but I didn't have any. But I did have an acorn squash in my fridge. So I roasted that and used it in my recipe.
Chana Masala with Acorn Squash
1 green chili
1 inch ginger
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander
2 tbsp tomato paste
4 tbsp tomato sauce
1 acorn squash, roasted
1 can chickpeas
salt to taste
1. Roast the squash for 35 minutes at 350
2. Put ginger, chili and garlic in food processor and process until fine
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan, add onion and cook for 4 minutes.
4. Add ginger mixture and chickpeas, cook for 5 minutes with 1/4 cup water
5. Add all the spices and 300ml of water, cook for 5 minutes. Add the paste and tomato sauce.
6. Scrape out squash and add to chickpeas. Stir occasionally. Taste to see if you need to add anymore spices or salt.
7. Serve over brown rice.
|Yum! Its almost ready|
|DELISH!!! That's just green onion for decoration purposes|
I'm off to Victoria now to run my FIRST ever half marathon. If you don't know, that's 21km. Eeekk, I'm getting pretty nervous. But I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm hoping to finish in 2 hours 30 minutes. I'd rather do it in 2 hours but realistically I'm guessing 2.5 hours.
Its also Thanksgiving this weekend. I have done nothing to prepare for it. My Japanese side will not be celebrating it traditionally. I believe its a Japanese smorgasbord of deliciousness.
Hope everyone has some good food babies this weekend. I'll see what I can throw together for Monday's feast and let yah know.