Monday, October 10, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 10: Thanksgiving weekend wrap up


Thanksgiving has come and gone again. I usually do a Tofurkey but I thought I'd do something different. I've been making a lot of veggie loafs lately. Mainly because they have everything you need in one piece and they make good lunches. They are also really easy, I love food I can cook in the oven.

It being Fall and all, pumpkin is on the mind. So I picked up a small pumpkin at my local Asian grocery store. I made some really good squares with it. I have lots extra so I think I'll make a soup out of the leftovers.

Pumpkin chocolate peanut oat bars

1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 tsp cocoa powder

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients together until fully mixed.
2. Spray or oil a 9 x 9 pan or muffin tins and spread mixture evenly. If using muffin tins, about 1 heaping tablespoon works well. Make sure to level them flat.
3. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes.
4. Cool before serving.


I know this isn't going in the order of how dinner would be served but those bars were so tasty I couldnt' help but talk about them. LOL and so easy to make.

This is my loaf. It was good, but didn't stay together like my last ones did. Next time I will add ground flax seed with water. That will keep it in tact. But the flavour was good, very tasty. Maybe next time I'll combine the 2 recipes for an even better one. ha!

That was my meal all together. Steamed veggies, Veggie loaf with brown rice and sprouted beans, and mashed potatoes. Gawd I missed mashed potatoes. I don't think I've had them since last year. Its never something I make. I really should though. YUM!

I ate 2 plates. OMG. I am so full right now. MAJAH food coma happening. I can barely type. Plus we had dessert. My Grannie's famous dessert is Jello made with fruit cocktail. She's been making it since I......well always. We eat it with ice cream or fresh whip cream. Now that I'm vegan, I started making a vegan dessert or eating fruit. This year my Grannie got me some strawberries and we ate my squares!

Mmmmmmmmm right?!!

Now, this weekend if you remember, I went to Victoria to run my first ever half marathon. That's my FIRST one. So I was equal parts nervous and excited. I figured that I'd do it in 2 hours 30 minutes. I can do a 10km in under an hour, so I wanted to do it in 2 hours. But I thought realistically 2 hours 30 minutes was more achievable for my first. Well Hot Damn! Did I ever underestimate myself! I did it in 2 hours and 1 minute!!!  I'm seriously excited about this. Its all I can talk about, which I'm sure is getting annoying. Lol.
That's me after I finished the race. Do you see my cool bat belt? Its slung over my shoulder like one of those wrestling belts. Lol Its super cool and not nerdy at all. Ha.

 Its actually very useful. It carried my VEGA Sport Optimizer and water. It also has a couple of small pockets for whatever else you may need.

I also had another dinner, Thanksgiving, Shigetomi Styles.  It was great. Almost the whole family was there and everyone was getting along. There was tons of food. Tons that I could eat too. Thanks to a couple of awesome, thoughtful Aunts. I even got to take home left overs!


Good right? That's how we do things in my family. We ain't messing around. And if I ever bring you to one of these occasions, when we say eat, eat. We are not polite and will not save food for you. Its every man, woman and child for themselves. Lol. I'm not kidding.

Anyways I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Mine was awesome!

Peace,

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment