Thursday, October 13, 2011
Vegan MoFo Day 13: Panko Tofu with Broccoli
Here's another post for your MoFo's butts. I was too lazy last night to post my pumpkin soup so now I have enough material for a second post on this fine October day. Look at how I spoil you!
Broccoli is by far my fave veg. DEF. There is no contest. It wins hands down. It is high in vitamin A, B and C, , beta carotene, folic acid, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and chromium and has lots of fiber. It's also packed full carotenoids which are antioxidants that are thought to help with weight loss. BOOM!!! Can't argue with that! LOVES it.
Panko Crusted Tofu:
1 pkg extra firm tofu
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp chili flakes
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1/2 tsp sea salt
Sriracha to taste
1. Combine soy sauce, mirin, sea salt and sriracha in a Tupperware container.
2. Combine panko bread crumbs and chili flakes in another Tupperware container.
3. Cut tofu into bite size square bites.
4. Put tofu in the Tupperware with the wet ingredients and shake it!
5. Transfer tofu into the other Tupperware and shake that too!
6. Arrange tofu on a lightly greased baking sheet (I use tin foil and Pam so there's less cleaning up)
7. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Seriously good! The leftovers can be tossed onto a salad or burrito or whatever. SO yum.
1 head broccoli
2 inch piece of ginger
4 garlic cloves
2/3 cup veggie stock (I used Vegeta, 1 tsp plus 2/3 water)
2 tsp agave nectar
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp mirin
1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
1 handful peanuts
1. Put garlic and ginger into a food processor and process until minced.
2. Add all ingredients except cornstarch to a wok and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Once broccoli is cooked and bright green, add cornstarch mixture and cook for another 2 minutes or until sauce thickens up.
4. Serve on top of brown rice and toss the Panko Crusted Tofu on top. ENJOY!!
Look at how pretty that meal is! And super nutritious. Mmmmmm. Me wants it now.
There you have it folks. My second post today. Hope y'all enjoyed it. Tonight I'm being cooked for! Yah! Love it when men cook for me. Such a treat. EXCITE.