Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 18: Gorilla Food review


On Saturday I had a mother-daughter day. My mom came downtown from Richmond and we did what most mothers do with their daughters: shopped. I did have a mission. I needed to get my Halloween costume. It was quite the little trek for my mom. I took her to my favorite vegan restaurant in Vancouver. I just LOVE this place. I feel so good after eating there. And its surprisingly filling even though it is quite light. Its a raw vegan restaurant, which means that none of the food is cooked above 118 degrees. Everything is organic and raw and its FANTASTIC. The flavour combinations are just like a party in your mouth (lol perverts). But seriously, so good.

Anyways, go to Gorilla Food . My mom loved her pizza but went crazy for my Thai Fresh Wraps . She just couldn't get enough of them. Especially this amazing Raisin Chutney. I also had the Jungle Coleslaw . Which is pretty much a staple for me. Its the best Coleslaw I've ever hand in my life. No joke. And I realize that was a bold statement, but I stand by it. My mom got the Ital Veg pizza. Raw pizzas are very different from a regular slice of pizza. And still very different from a hot vegan pizza. But I do LOVE raw pizza. The veggie flax crusts are really cool and nut cheese is delish.  

Ital Veggie Pizza

Jungle Coleslaw
Thai Fresh Wraps
What an amazing meal. Thank you Gorilla Food for being in business. I've missed you. I haven't been there in quite a few months. Its been too long.

That even I wanted to eat clean but filling so I made some coconut greens and quinoa. Really simple but tasty dish

Coconut greens
1 head of broccoli, chopped
3 stalks kale, leaves removed
1/4 head of napa cabbage
3 tbsp coconut meat
160ml can low fat coconut milk
1 tsp sea salt

Directions:
1. Put vegetables into wok with 1/4 cup water and cover. Cook on high for 2 minutes, or until bright green.
2. Add coconut meat, milk and sea salt. Combine and cover. Cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Once cooked, serve on top of quinoa.

I don't know why that picture won't rotate. Its really annoying but there you have it. A majahly nutritious meal that super quick and easy to throw together. 

I have a couple other recipes to share with you. I think because I didn't cook on Sunday that I went through withdrawals. Monday night I cooked up a storm. So I'll save those recipes for tomorrow.............................................................. Oooooohhh the anticipation is killing you, isn't it? lol

Gorilla Food on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment