Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Restaurant Review: The Reef

I love The Reef. I don't get over to them often enough but when I do, its always an awesome experience. I went last week with my cousin Josh. He's a big foodie as well, and loves trying all the cool spots I know. Lol Then he takes his girlfriend. :) You're Welcome.

Josh has never had Caribbean food before so I figured The Reef would be a great spot for him to check out before we venture out to all the other places I want him to try. I recommend the Jerk dish as that's the most famous Caribbean dish and its pretty much da bomb. I obvs get the Jerk Tofu, but Josh got the Jerk Pork Tenderloin. Being the big pigs that we are we got a couple of appies too. I wanted him to try as many items on the menu as possible. 

Plantain Chips
Plantain's are like banana's. There isn't much difference between the 2 fruits botanically except for the way they are consumed. Plantain's are used for cooking and are not as sweet as banana's. Plantain chips are pretty freaking yummy!!!

Chana Salad
This Chana salad is warm and done with a garam masala with a side of greens and roti. Its really tasty and they def don't skip on the chickpeas!!! :)

Jerk Pork Tenderloin
Not sure how this tasted but the Jerk sauce is amazing. Josh devoured it and was kinda sad when it was over. lol The meat looked pretty tender and juicy and there was the right amount of sauce. He seemed pretty satisfied with his dead carcass. Sorry vegans/vegetarians. LOL

The Jerk Bun
I've had the Jerk Tofu before which comes like my cousins meal with rice and coleslaw but saw this little gem. Its the jerk tofu in a bun with the coleslaw in it too!!! BOOM! lol It was so good! You have the option of getting a side salad or plantain chips. 

Another awesome experience at The Reef. If you haven't visited them you should. They have a pretty impressive selection of rum. And good drink specials. :) They have a location on Main Street (the one I go to), Commercial Drive and in downtown Victoria.

The Reef on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment