Monday, July 16, 2012

Restaurant Review: Tera V Burger

Veggie burgers can really be hit or miss. I've had some pretty boring ones, more than I care to talk about. They're usually really dry because I say no mayo. Apparently no mayo means no sauce. No ketchup, no mustard, no BBQ sauce, nada. It really bothers me. Just because I don't eat meat doesn't mean I don't like tasty food. Jerks. ;)

You all know by now of my love....make that obsession with Loving Hut Express burgers. They are to die for. I heard about this Tera V Burger place and peeps say its good. Its not all vegan, but most can be made vegan. They want to make vegetarian meals more mainstream. They don't want to cater to just vegetarians/vegans but to meat eaters too. Just eating one day or even just one vegetarian meal a day can make a big impact on your health and the environment (if that's what you're into ;) ). 

So my friend Sean and I made the trip over to 2961 West Broadway to check these burgers out. And kinda do a comparison to our first love...The Loving Hut Express.


V for Vegetarian! lol Sean is by no means vegetarian or vegan. He just loves good, saucy food. Such a supportive friend :). Anyhoo, we both got a different burger and they offered to cut it in half so we could share. 

Fiesta and BBQ burger

Close up!
We both got the tempeh burgers. I never liked tempeh before but have been dabbling in it more and more. I'm digging it a lot actually. It was Sean's first time. We both enjoyed the burgers. And agreed that the BBQ one was the best. But I was a little disappointed that the cheese wasn't melted. You can't have a cheeseburger with unmelted cheese. Its just wrong and seriously unpleasant.

Other than that, I liked them. Saucy, tasty, good quality. The yam fries were awesome actually. And the combo we got was super filling. Came with your choice of drink, we got Boylen sodas. I hope they take care of the unmelted cheese situ cuz that's unfortunate. I read the Georgia Straight review and Stephen Hui said the same thing. They do use daiya which is awesome, but its best melted.

BUT nothing can compete with Loving Hut Express. They are still number 1....by a long shot. But this place would be my number 2 for veggie burgers in Vancouver. Anyone know of any other spots for a good veggie burger?

Tera V Burger on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

2 comments:

  1. Dharma Kitchen, W. Broadway & Alma offers good veg option as well! :)

    ReplyDelete