Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Joli's Chili Inspiration

I'm a big lover of chili. It's warm, it's a complete meal and it's just down right delish. I make it quite often. Sometimes weekly. It's a dish that is so easy to make and one in which you don't really need a recipe for. I've made it so many times and not posted recipes. Sometimes it's amazing, sometimes not so much. Actually my last crockpot full of chili was not my best. I'm glad its gone. Now I can fill my freezer with this gem!

This is inspired by my friends Jake and Oli. Which was inspired by the Foundation's chili. This is a great vegetarian restaurant on Main Street. I had it for the first time a couple weeks ago and was just floored by how good it was. Then Jake and Oli told me thay have the recipe! Which they modified and played around with. They were kind enough to share the recipe with me. Which I played around with and add my own flair too. 

Now this recipe is not the one at Foundation. Or Jake and Oli's but it is very much inspired by them. Many of the same ingredients. Its pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

Joli's Chili Inspiration
Ingredients
2 cups chickpeas
2 cups pinto beans
1 large can diced tomatoes
3 tomatoes, chopped and blended
1 large can tomato sauce, low sodium
3 carrots, diced
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 packages Ives veggie ground round
2 cups corn
1/2 can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup veggie stock
5 tsp chili powder
3 tsp oregano
3 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup maple syrup

Directions
Place all ingredients except for maple syrup in a crockpot. Cook for 8-10 hours. Pour in maple syrup and cook for another 15 minutes. Stir until thoroughly combined. Serve on its own or with brown rice or corn bread.

Joli's Chili Inspiration
Now, this recipe has NO sriracha and NO chili flakes! Blasphemy! Who knew I could even cook without using spiciness. lol Well it happened. Not sure how. But it did. I did however douse it in hot sauce. Don't you worry my spicy friends. ;)

Keep it real! Keep it hot!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment