Monday, November 5, 2012

Healthy Hummus

I love hummus. I pretty much eat it every day during the work week as I have a salad for lunch and I use it as dressing. Sometimes I'll make my own dressing or use salsa but hummus is my fave. I NEVER use store bought dressing.....unless I'm dining out.

I usually always make my own hummus as it's so easy and so cheap but lately I've just been so busy! But this weekend I took it easy and made it my mission to make it. Mission accomplished! I love a good challenge. LOL Even if it's a tiny one like this......with myself. :)

Healthy Hummus
Ingredients
2 small cans chickpeas (2 1/4 cups)
1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
1/2 - 3/4 lemon, juiced
3 tsp tahini (I used raw)
1/4 cup water, or as needed
Sunflower seeds (garnish)
Paprika (garnish)

Directions:
Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Add salt to taste and more water as needed.





Serve with veggies, pita or have it on your salad like me! You can add a little olive oil if you like but I use water to make it smooth and omit oil to keep the calories and fat content down. I generally don't like to use oil in cooking like this. I like to get my fats from avocado, nuts and seeds. I try to cook with as little as possible. Fats are good for you and necessary for life, I just like to get them from the right places and def think we consume too much!

Eat awesome my friends!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment