Friday, October 5, 2012

Vegan MoFo Day 5: Chickpea vindaloo with mango and coconut milk


I have been threatening to cook dinner for my friend Danica for months now but every time we plan on it, we end up going out on some sort of adventurous fun time on the town. Not that I'm complaining cuz we have FUN! lol But last night we FINALLY did it! I made her a feast, we chatted and got caught up and started planning our Halloween costumes. :)

I whipped up a new recipe for her on the fly. I had no idea how it was going to turn out but it was deelish!

Chickpea Vindaloo with Mango and Coconut Milk
Ingredients
3 cups chickpeas
1 mango, diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch piece ginger, minced
2 tbsp Patak's Vindaloo paste
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup water

Directions:
1. Saute the onions, garlic and ginger with 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil until fragrant and translucent (about 5 minutes) on medium heat.
2. Add tomatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the chickpeas and water, cover and  simmer for 7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for coconut milk. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Pour in coconut milk, simmer for 2 minutes and serve!

I served mine with brown rice and a bed of organic spinach. Don't give me credit for the bed of spinach, I stole that idea from the Foundation restaurant. Such a great idea to get some extra greens and adds some pretty colours to your meal.

Chickpea Vindaloo

Chickpea Vindaloo close up
My love for coconut has not diminished at all. Our love story is holding strong. lol. I love cooking with coconut milk! It makes food taste so yummy! This was no exception to this statement. :)

Try it out!

Peace

xoxo

K


4 comments:

  1. YUMMMM a vegan vindaloo -- I'm so excited!!!

    This might just be dinner :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had vindaloo in my life before that I can remember of, this might be something I eat tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete