Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vegan MoFo Day 9: Tabbouleh


I have never been a big fan of tabbouleh before as I'm not into parsley very much. Parsley and cilantro have an intense flavour BUT are super good for you. So I now force myself to eat and cook with it as they add awesome notes and vitamins to a dish. A couple weeks back it was my good friend Eduardo's birthday and my friend Dean thew a surprise birthday for him. He made a gorgeous spread of appetizers which I'm pretty pissed that I didn't take a snap shot of that cuz seriously it was rather impressive. Dean was so sweet and made sure there were some vegan items on the table so that I could snack as well. 

Like I said, tabbouleh was never a fave but Dean's looked so good and it was all homemade so I HAD to try it. OMG. Best tabbouleh. Hands down. I told him immediately that I need to have the recipe. 

Tabbouleh
Ingredients
1 cup Bulgar wheat, cooked and chilled
1 cup lemon juice (abt 3 lemons)
1 bunch parsley
4 medium tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Mince the parsley in a food processor.
2. Combine all ingredients in bowl, season to taste
3. ENJOY!

Dean's tabbouleh
I have to say, it was freaking delish! It was my first time ever making tabbouleh but I think I did a pretty good job but Dean's was still way better. I really want him to try it and give me some pointers. He has mastered it for sure. :)

Birthday cake
The coolest birthday cake I've ever seen! 
Birthday man, Eduardo
Oh Eduardo, so gorgeous. He's also a chef. I'm hoping we can get in the kitchen and make some magic together......I meant cooking you perverts! lol We plan on making some cactus tacos! YUM! I've never had cactus before. I'm pretty much game to try almost anything once! Sounds cool.

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment