Monday, March 19, 2012

(Un)Fried Rice Thai Styles

Last week I whipped up this gem of a recipe. It was super easy and delish. I am a big lover of Thai food. I adore cooking with coconut milk and do so pretty often. When I was first cooking up this (Un)Fried rice I had no plans to make it with coconut milk, but as soon as I added it, the dish was complete.

(Un)Fried Rice Thai Styles
Ingredients
2 cups brown rice, cooked according to pkg
2 cups red beans, soaked and cooked
2 carrots, diced
2 inch piece ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 red Thai chili peppers, minced
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tsp mirin
3 tsp soy sauce
1/2 cup veggie stock
3 tsp chili flakes
160ml can low fat coconut milk

Directions
Saute garlic, ginger, Thai chili peppers, and carrots in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes covered. Add all remaining ingredients except for coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes stirring often. Pour in coconut milk and stir until well combined. Enjoy with on its own, with steamed veggies with tofu, however you like your rice!


I had a ton of leftovers so I tossed that into a portobello mushrooms and baked it. Served that along with some roasted broccoli and steamed veggies and voila! Perfect meal. Yum.


I love portobello mushrooms!! So full of flavour. It went very well with the (Un)Fried rice. The steamed veggies was celery, collard greens, sui choy and spinach. I just steamed them and tossed them in lemon and a little soy sauce. Nice and light.

Peace

xoxo

K

2 comments:

  1. Yum, looks great! I love that you used the portobello mushrooms as a bowl--very creative. I'm a fan of any meal that's centered around yummy veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love making stuffed portobello's! Great way to add bulk to a meal. And me too! Most of my meals are built that way. :) thanks for visiting.

      Delete