Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gluten free peanut butter cups

I can't get enough nuts! Lol I know how that sounds, and I intended it to sound that way. But it could not be more true. I love nuts! Love em with my whole heart. I especially love nut butters. Almond is da bomb but peanut butter is numba one. Tried and true. I of course get all natural peanut butter. No added salt or sugar or the 100 other ingredients that's in crappy peanut butter. If you live in Vancouver, and particularly in the West End, the Safeway at Denman and Robson has a nut bar. You can make your own nut butters. The freshly made organic, almond butter with no salt is AMAZEBALLS!!! Like woah. I have never tasted almond butter like this before. But its hella expensive. I've only gotten it once because it was pretty pricey. So get a small container if you decide to try it. But its seriously deeeelish!

Back to the task at hand, protein peanut butter cups with coconut. I picked a jar of coconut manna last week and have been dying to try it out in a dessert recipe. I used it to saute my Thai Fried rice leftovers which was yumtastic. I like that the coconut manna is Whole Organic Coconut. Not just the oil. Which I'm sure I'll try sooner or later but this is a cool product.

WARNING!! These are addictive and will give you feelings of euphoria and intense pleasure. Consume at your own risk.

Protein peanut butter cups with coconut
Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut manna
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vega (or protein powder of your choice)
1 tsp stevia
1 tsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 160ml low fat coconut milk

Directions:
Melt the coconut manna in a small saucepan on med-low heat. Once melted add the peanut butter, protein powder, stevia, agave nectar, vanilla and hemp seeds. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat. In another saucepan or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips. Once melted stir in the coconut milk.

Put 2 tbsp's of each in a muffin tin. Peanut butter mixture first, chocolate on top. Put muffin tins in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Once set use a spoon or butter knife to pop them out. Cut around the edges, but be careful. Keep them store in the freezer. Natural peanut butter is less solid then the crappy stuff.

ENJOY!!!

There could be many ways to alter this cup to your desires. I've made them before with rice crisp cereals and that's really good. But I wanted to keep this grain and gluten free. They are very rich and delish. Maybe graham cracker crumbs would be good. Or ground flax seeds. Yum

Heaven
Seriously, I'm hungry again just looking at that damn picture. LOL Although these are not low fat, sugar free or whatever. They are jammed packed with nutrition. So indulging in one (lets be honest, 2 or 3) of these puppies once in a while is OK by me! I get protein, vitamins, minerals (iron and calcium) omega's, tons of good stuff.

Coconut Manna
I very much have enjoyed this product. I wonder what else I can do with it. I have also never used any of Nutiva's products before. I'm gonna have to check them out. They must have a coconut oil. Maybe I'll try that when I decide to finally give into the current food fad. lol But try this coconut manna product. SO yummy! Its all hard inside but I just scraped it out. I think some ppl melt it in the jar. Adds such a great flavour to your foods. Maybe it would be good in a smoothie......

Happy gorgeous day in Vancouver folks!

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment