Monday, February 20, 2012

Vegan Shepherd's Pie, Private sushi chef, peanut butter stuffed pretzels and more!!

My friend Dave and I decided to surprise his gf Natasha for her birthday with me!!!  Lol. It was pretty awesome. He even got her to make a vegan shepherd's pie without her even realizing it. He told her he hasn't been feeling well when he eats dairy (which is true) so she didn't ask any other questions. LOL We blew her mind. Her reaction was so awesome!


I don't have the recipe yet but when I do I will def share it. It was super yummy and Natasha says its very easy to make. 
All in my belly!



I just sauteed 2 small heads of broccoli with water (about 1/8-1/4 cup), then seasoned with lemon pepper seasoning. Put that on top of green leaf lettuce, cucumber, carrots and drizzled dijon mustard and sriracha.


 Ok so this bar is damn good. Tasty as hell BUT its 400 calories, 20g of fat, 21g of sugar! HOLY CRAP! Um, no thanks. Its vegan and delish but there is no need to eat a bar that's 400 cals. A meal yes, but not a bar. TOo bad.

Peanut butter filled pretzels
Need I say more? Nope.

Sushi counter set up

Chef and Assistant at work

Round 1
This doesn't begin to show you how much sushi we had. Plus there was tuna and beef tataki which was to die for I'm told. Like melt in your mouth OHMYGOD amazingness good. That good. There was SO much food, I could not even handle it. Well I could, and I did. I ate the shit outta those veggie rolls. And there were lots. They made sure they made lots of veggie rolls. I even got a special veggie cone made just for me. Lol Well almost everyone got a cone, but mine was one of a kind. Ha. 

Here was my FIRST plate.


Clearly you can see from all my pics that my wheat/gluten free days are over. LOL I demolished them this weekend. Ground round in the shepherds pie, pretzels, and I think that's it. I opted not to eat bagels but they were there. But I def through my healthy diet out the window. Well, for me this was out the window. I still ate lots of veggies. But man was it ever worth it. I'm back on track today and starting the Wild Rose cleanse tomorrow.

Grocery shopping tonight! And the bachelor of course. Lol

All in all, trip to the island was awesome! I'm quite the multi-tasker, I drank only vodka waters. Hydrate while I dehydrate. Lol 

Peace

xoxo

K


No comments:

Post a Comment