Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thai Green Curry Soup and Baked Whole Apple Pie!!!

I was a little grumpy yesterday and totally didn't want to go to the gym or eat healthy. But I knew that was just the mood so I persevered through it, ate healthy and worked out. I didn't think I'd make it through my workout. After 2 minutes running I wanted to quit, go home, make a pizza and eat the whole thing. LOL Even after my workout, I thought I would make myself something naughty, but I came out of Safeway with a sweet potato, broccoli, bananas, and oranges. HA!! I just figured that I need to keep it clean and at the end of my journey, I will reward myself. AND on Sunday I ate A LOT of chocolate, so I should be good. I felt good about my will power. 

My next idea for something a little more naughty than usual for my meals was to have noodles. I was gonna make a stir fry and put it on top of some buckwheat noodles. Buckwheat noodles are awesome! And very Japanese. BUT I read the ingredients and they're made with wheat flour! BAH!! SOOOOO disappointed. I need to check out if they are all made this way or if there's a non-wheat version. Such BS. 

OK, time for the food. The reason you come here. Lol

Thai Green Curry Soup
Ingredients
1 head broccoli, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 carrot, sliced
1 mango, diced
2-3 cups sui choy, chopped
half bunch kale, bite sized
1 160 ml low fat coconut milk
1 tsp dry veggie stock
1.5 cups water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp green curry paste
2 tsp chili flakes
1 can black beans

Directions
1. Pan fry the onions in 1/4 cup water until translucent, about 4 minutes. 
2. Add all remaining ingredients except for the coconut milk, simmer on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and taste. Add any additional seasonings to your own taste.
3. Serve in a big bowl with rice noodles or like me, with nothing. YUMMY!!!



I also roasted the whole sweet potato with a lemon, sea salt, garlic powder and veggie seasoning. OH man was this meal satisfying. Then I went and made dessert. How I had time for all this plus a workout.....I have no idea. Lol It really didn't take much time at all to prep and make all this.



All I did was hollow out a green apple and blend together the following ingredients which I stuffed into the apple and baked for 20 minutes. Another 5-10 minutes would be a little softer, but I'm like mine a little crunchy still.

Baked Whole Apple Pie
Ingredients
2 green applles
1 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp agave nectar

Directions:
1. Cut the top of the apple off, and hollow it out. 
2. In a food processor blend all the ingredients, except for the apple, until well mixed. Stuff the apples and bake for 20-25 minutes. 
3. Eat it up!!

A little cinnamon would have been good but I forgot. Another idea for next time would be to use mixed berries. Mmmmmm

Peace

xoxo

K

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I hate the days where you just don't want to do anything but veg, & ironically not eat veggies! I've had too many of those days & so I'm off for a heavy detox... wish me luck!
    T

    ReplyDelete