Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Ultimate Vegan Breakfast Sandwich

My breakfasts are almost always liquid....and no I don't mean alcohol! Lol. I drink a glass of water with a cap full of apple cider vinegar upon rising, a very green, vegerrific smoothie with Vega One and coffee. I like having a liquid breakfast because it gives your digestive track a bit of a break but by adding a nutrient dense smoothie you are still getting all the vitamins and minerals you need.

Now all that being said, a good hearty breakfast on the weekends is a nice treat too. I had a real hankering for a breakfast sandwich recently so I went down to my church....I mean Whole Foods and picked up the ingredients to make this masterpiece. 

The Ultimate Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
Ingredients
Terra Breads, walnut bun
Organic smoked tofu, sliced
Tempeh bacon
Daiya wedges, sliced
Spinach, steamed
Mustard
Sriracha

Directions:
I didn't put amounts for the ingredients as it all depends on how many you make.....I baked the tofu while I prepared the other ingredients. I just thinly sliced it, then threw it in the oven and baked for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, pan fry the tempeh bacon for 4 minutes on both sides. Steam the spinach until bright green; less than 5 minutes.

Once the ingredients are cooked start assembling your sammy. Put mustard on both sides (I love mustard) and sriracha to taste. I used dijon mustard but any will do. Place the baked smoked tofu down, the daiya slices, then the tempeh bacon and topped with the steamed spinach! This will be enough heat to melt the daiya wedges. If you are using daiya shreds you might want to put it on top of the tofu while baking as it's a little harder to melt. 

The Ultimate Vegan Breakfast Sandwich

Nom nom nom
Yum Yum Yum!!! This breakfast sammy was so freaking yummy! Give it a shot and lemme know how it turns out. Tweet me a pic @vegucatedinvan

Peace

Eat better. Feel better.

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment