Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Restaurant Review: Nelson the Seagull

There are a numbers of gems in Gastown in terms of awesome food and I do not have enough experience with them yet. I met my uncle for lunch in Gastown a couple weeks ago and tried out Nelson the Seagull for the first time. It's a bread and coffee shop. Sounds weird I know but weird is the best. Bread is delicious. I don't eat it a lot but the bread used in a sandwich can make or break it. This place has some of the best bread I've ever had. Hands down.

My uncle and I both got the veggie sandwich with a side of butternut squash soup. The pesto and soup are made sans dairy so yah for me! They are located at 315 Carrall Street. Do it.


The veggie



Of course I did not eat the butter, but wow. Look at how amazing that looks? There was homemade pesto, hummus, cucumber, tomato, artichoke and made on the best bread ever! I actually ate the bread that was on the side for the soup. This bread was so light and fluffy and delish that I could have rubbed it all over my body. HA......,That wasn't a joke.

They also do avocado on toast in the morning and a baked grapefruit that is to die for. Haven't been lucky enough to try it yet but that's the word on the street. Go check them out!

Nelson the Seagull on Urbanspoon

Peace

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment