Quinoa Mushroom Pilaf
2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package
1 leek, diced
12 mushrooms (any kind), chopped
2 handfuls spinach
2 stalks kale, use leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp thyme
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp Vegeta (veggie stock powder)
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp chili flakes
1 cup water
1. Add leeks and garlic to a pan with about 1/4 cup water. Saute until fragrant.
2. Add mushrooms, quinoa, spinach, kale and 1/4 cup water. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and 1/2 cup of water and cook for 10 minutes. Add more spices if needed.
Mediterranean Tofu (Vegan Express by Nav Atlas)
1 package extra firm tofu
4 roma tomatoes, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1. Bake tofu for 25 minutes at 350. Season with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
2. Put all other ingredients into a pot or pan and saute on med-low temperature for 10 minutes.
3. Serve on top of the tofu steaks.
This made for a beautiful, protein and fiber packed dinner. A little bit more of a fancier vegan meal. Lol I used Chinese mushrooms in mine. Shiitake would be good too or crimini or portobello, well any really. lol I used dried ones. Remember to soak them for at least 15 minutes before using.
It was SO fun hanging out with these ladies. I haven't done a girls night in so long. Most of my friends are male. lol So having a lot of girl talk was awesome. HILARIOUS and awesome. Some funny stories were exchanged, lots of gossip about boys, and girls for that matter and catching up on what we're all doing at the moment. :)