Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gorgeous day in Vancouver!

Today has started off gloriously! I awoke on my own accord, which means no alarm clock! Ahhh, how I've missed that. Once I got my ass outta bed, I got ready and headed out for a run. I live in a very beautiful part of Vancouver, English Bay! Its right outside my door, so running is certainly a pleasure. Today is especially GORG out. Its like 23 degrees! YES! I def got sun kissed. I was feeling great so I ran the entire park, which is 10km. LOVES it!

I'm off to Coquitlam for a fam bbq so I gotta prep some food. I'm gonna bring some portobello mushroom caps to throw on the barby and I'm making a quinoa salad for my hike up the Chief tomorrow so I'll bring some of that too. I haven't hiked the chief in like 5 years! eeek. lol should be fun!

So here's my first recipe for the blog, wha whaaa!!!

Crazy Quinoa:

2 cups quinoa, cooking according to package
1 can black beans (2 cups)
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 green apple, seeded and chopped
2 green onions, sliced
2 handfuls dried cranberries
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili flakes
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons VEGA EFA oil blend (or olive oil)

1. Cook quinoa according to package and cool to room temperature.
2. Rinse the can of black beans (if using dried, make sure to soak them the night before)
3. Chop the apple, celery, green onion.
4. Toss all ingredients together and ENJOY!

Add more chili flakes if you like it HOT like I do!

Great amount of protein in this clean, healthy salad.

I'm off! Have an amazing day!

I'm gonna bbq the shit outta those portobellos! YES.

xoxo

K

1 comment:

  1. OI. THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD. I am definitely copying and pasting this recipe into my recipe doc.
    :)

    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete